Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Did Bill Ayers write Obama's "Dreams From My Father"?

This theory has been floating around for quite some time, but blogger Anne Leary of BackyardConservative ran into Ayers at Regan International on Monday and received a spontaneous confession.
Then, unprompted he said--I wrote Dreams From My Father. I said, oh, so you admit it. He said--Michelle asked me to. I looked at him. He seemed eager. He's about my height, short. He went on to say--and if you can prove it, we can split the royalties. So I said, stop pulling my leg. Horrible thought. But he came again--I really wrote it, the wording was similar. I said I believe you probably heavily edited it. He said--I wrote it.
  • Was this the truth? There is quite a bit of evidence pointing that direction.
  • Was he saying this just to see if it would go viral on the internet?
  • Was this a lie? 
  • Why would he admit this to a stranger in an airport, who had just confessed to being a conservative blogger?
Who knows, but it is interesting to think about.