Sunday, September 6, 2009

Van Jones Resigns and Surprises Me

I really didn't expect Jones to resign and actually I was hoping that he wouldn't. I figured that the administration was arrogant enough to keep him on no matter what. I guess political expediency beat out arrogance this time.

From the Washington Post:
"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones, special adviser for green jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality, said in a statement announcing his resignation just after midnight Saturday. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."
How dare they use my own words against me! I never meant any of those things that I said. The videos were faked, yeah that's it, the videos were faked!

Now if we could just get rid of the rest of the wingnuts.